Front Office Manager
Faena Hotel Miami Beach
THE FAENA CULTURE
The FAENA Movement is one of culture, art and community. The FAENA Culture is steeped in the warmth and traditions of the south combining authentic and attentive hospitality with the world’s finest amenities. We act as a catalyst in making dreams a reality with the collaboration of ideas. Creating carefully curated spaces paired with excellence in service to delight the most sophisticated guests as they are indulged by the FAENA Culture.
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Front Desk functions, in accordance with Casa Faena standards. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain positive resident and guest relations at all times.
- Assist with resolution of resident and guest complaints, ensuring follow through and satisfaction.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and direction of new department employees.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Work in conjunction with accounting to maintain and minimize levels of account receivables.
- Supervise the activities and the service levels of the concierge, telecommunications, and front desk divisions.
- Ensure the timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Activities center on identification of strengths and weaknesses and the development of plans and strategies to ensure business development.
- Responsible for sales to guests through the Front Desk and any actions taken by the incumbent that can impact on volume of business. Responsible for direct link between effort expended and decisions made and revenue generated by Front Office (performance indicators are sales, units, growth, turnover, etc.)
- Have control over the elements that determine profit and loss. Responsible for all major operating expenses and has the capacity to set margins and manage the business against profit projections. Make decisions that relate to profit and loss. Responsible for the financial management of the operation.
- Give direction and be responsible for the implementation of plans. Monitor plans’ effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace, including setting targets, planning and scheduling work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures.
- Responsible for promoting the product and services to the targeted customer/guest group. Develop promotional programs, point of sales materials, merchandising activities.
- Responsible for enhancing the product and service that is presented to the guest. Able to make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guest needs, both present and anticipated. Recommend changes to the product and services. Use market research to develop new products and services.
- Report on a regular basis to the Front Office Director on the performance of the Rooms Division and the department against budgets, sales and profit projections, and of operations and human resources performance. Analyze variances and monitor the impact of initiatives and corrective actions.
- Provide support of a specialist nature to the Executive Committee but particularly to the Front Office Director and the Department Managers. Work in support of team goals and measure effectiveness by the quality of decision making at the senior level as well as through the profit and service performance at the individual unit level.
- Responsible for the selection, training and development of the personnel within the IBU. Able to exercise hire and terminate within Faena policies.