Assistant Guest Services Manager
Faena Hotel Miami Beach
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain positive resident and guest relations at all times.
- Assist with resolution of resident and guest complaints, ensuring follow through and satisfaction.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and direction of new department employees.
- Supervises and coordinates all activities for Luggage Attendants, Garage Valets, Door Attendants, House Car Drivers and Front Office Operations.
- Interviews and hires new associates. Coaches, counsels, and disciplines associates as needed and effectively recommends suspension, and/or termination.
- Schedules staff based on occupancy and hotel activity.
- Trains and retrains associates in all areas of Guest Services.
- Assists guests with all requests, i.e. airline reservations, luggage handling, parking.
- Maintain labor costs within budgets as directed by the financial budget of the hotel and department.
- Maximizes garage revenue, by ensuring proper ticket accountability and cash handling procedures.
- Develop a team attitude among all employees and management that focuses clearly on guest satisfaction.
- Adhere to appropriate training and certification programs for all new employees.
- Communicates daily with other Rooms division management on activities, goals, objectives, variances of Guest.
- Comply with all Faena policies in the area of Human Resources
- Responsible for enhancing the product and service that is presented to the guest. Able to make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guest needs, both present and anticipated. Recommend changes to the product and services. Use market research to develop new products and services.
- Report on a regular basis to the Front Office Director on the performance of the Rooms Division and the department against budgets, sales and profit projections, and of operations and human resources performance. Analyze variances and monitor the impact of initiatives and corrective actions.
- Provide support of a specialist nature to the Executive Committee but particularly to the Front Office Director and the Department Managers. Work in support of team goals and measure effectiveness by the quality of decision making at the senior level as well as through the profit and service performance at the individual unit level.
- Responsible for the selection, training and development of the personnel within the IBU. Able to exercise hire and terminate within Faena policies.
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""